These are 1-hr 1-on-1 private sessions with Todd Miller, an experienced tabla teacher and performer.
Chhandayan offers private lessons in Vocal, Tabla, Sitar, Bansuri, Sarod, and more. To book a private lesson please contact us at: email@example.com If we are a great match, we'll find a time for you to meet with one of our expert instructors at our convenient location - right in the heart of New York City.
COVID-19 Update (03/13/20)
Following guidelines for social distancing, we will be transitioning to online classes for the time being. Payment and registration will still go through this website, and the schedule remains the same.
Technical guidelines for online lessons:
* Students can use: 1) a desktop + webcam, or 2) laptop, or 3) iPad or large tablet. Phones will not work because the screen will be too small at the distance that the device will need to be from the drums. Please note that a wired connection (ethernet cable plugged into laptop/desktop) will yield much better results than WiFi.
* Students will need a Gmail address to use Google Hangouts; if you don't already have one, please create it ahead of time.
* If you're using a desktop/laptop, simply use a web browser to sign into Gmail, and then click on the top right corner to find Hangouts in the 'Google Apps' tab. If you're using an iPad or tablet, please download the Google Hangouts app ahead of time.
* If you have a Bluetooth speaker with a built-in microphone, please use that with iPad or laptop for best results. You can also use headphones to hear better, but don't use a headset (with a built-in mic), those are designed to filter out sounds like tabla.
* Setup the drums 2-3 feet from the device/webcam and 2 feet off the ground so that I can see from top-of-head to fingertips. Make sure any lights in the room are not behind the student; they should be behind the camera/device (i.e. student should sit facing the window, not with their back to it).
* For all young students, we would request one parent to be present during the lesson for technical assistance, at least for the 1st class.
Thank you for your cooperation and for your continued support,