The American Irish Historical Society is a center of American Irish life in the United States. The Society records, celebrates, promotes and reflects the values of Irish culture that contribute to the growth of our nation.
• Is a critical meeting point for American, Irish, and other leaders to foster the closest possible understanding and cooperation of Irish Americans and groups of other cultures.
• Is a pre-eminent location for presenting the best creative work of Irish art and culture.
• Preserves, records, and tells the ongoing story of Ireland and the Irish diaspora.
• Facilitates the discovery of family roots of the Irish in America.
• Ensures the diverse involvement of the Irish in America in the activities of the Society.
• Promotes the core Irish values of spirituality, generosity, education, commitment to family and community, and peace.