Sarod is one the great instruments to come out of India. In a comfortable and low stress environment, these lessons will cover everything from:
- Technique: How to hold the instrument, hand position, and fingering.
- Raga Treatment: Traditional melodic structure of India.
- Tala and Laya: Rhythmic structure and tempo control.
- Music Appreciation: Deep Listening.
- History and Culture: The subtleties of the Indian culture from which this fine art was born.
Lessons are taught by Sumita Kundu, disciple of the great Ustad Ali Akbar Khan and Pandit Shyam Gangopadhya, and one of the few professional women Sarod players in the US.