In 2009, Akhil Jobanputra founded the Indian Classical Music Society of Vancouver (ICMSV) at the age of twelve with the aim to bring people together through music and dance, ICMSV acted as an online portal promoting local Indian classical music and dance programs and consolidating them in one space.
After much encouragement from the community, ICMSV was incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the British Columbia Societies Act in December 2017. We've grown from just a single-handedly run Facebook page to an organization with a Board, volunteer committees, and receptive audience base.
We pride ourselves in fulfilling our mandate:
- To promote Indian classical music and dance events in the Lower Mainland
- To present a broad spectrum of programming pertaining to Indian classical music and dance
- To foster education and awareness of Indian classical music and dance
We are here to serve British Columbia's South Asian arts and culture ecosystem, and are looking forward to building a community of artistes and rasikas (art-lovers).
We encourage everyone to connect with us, express your opinions and desires, and get involved with our vision.
This profile is the owner of this organization and can't be deleted. Here are some other things you can do:
1. Hide this profile from view. To do this this, click 'edit' next to the profile name and change the user's role to 'hidden from public view'
2. Delete this organization and all its data. To this go to settings and click on 'delete this organization'